Friday, February 12, 2010

Three Books Read on Vacation

We just returned from a week on the beach at Playa del Carmen. I spent relaxing days reading and completed three books:

Noah's Compass by Anne Tyler (2-05-2010)(#9) Liam is a 60 year old man with a checkered past who is suddenly forced to retire from his teaching job. The story concerns his adventures as he downsizes his living quarters and has a new relationship. I enjoyed this very much but I was hoping for more resolution in the end.


No Time to Wave Goodbye by Jacquelyn Mitchard (2-07-10)(#10)This is a sequel to The Deep End of the Ocean which I read a few years ago. It is well done but I think wouldn't hold the interest if you hadn't read the first book. It has some suspense and is well written.

Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher (2-10-10)(#11) This is a rereading of an old favorite, like a visit to the Scottish countryside, the perfect book to read on the beach.

No comments: