Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Safe House by Nicci French (#8)


Samantha who is a single mother to a five year old daughter, is a doctor and has accepted a new job in a small town outside London. Her boyfriend Danny is very much in the picture. The book begins with violent murders in that town which dramatically impacts Samantha when she is persuaded to take into her home a young woman who suffered greatly from the murders. As a result her life is spun out of control in many ways. I really enjoyed this book (though I read it on vacation when my concentration is at its max) but there were a couple of troubling loose ends to the plot. When I finished it, just as my vacation ended, I felt adrift and disappointed. I think the later books by this offer are better because she is clearly a good writer.

No comments: