Friday, November 13, 2009

Hit Parade by Lawrence Block (b)


This book was in MP3 format read by the author. It was well done. I'm just beginning to try audio books and I'm a little dissatisfied with the format. It is easy for me to get distracted while listening to a book and lose my place. Reading an actual book seems much more satisfactory. A bonus for this audio book was listening to the author's voice.
Keller is a professional hit man who kills for money without qualm or conscience. He is also smart and a caring friend, an interesting combination in a human being. There is a lot of humor in this author's writing. I usually shy away from what I consider gruesome topics like murder, but this author is always an enjoyable read.
I'm thinking that after listening to the book, perhaps I will read the actual book soon just to see how that experience compares.

No comments: