Sunday, November 15, 2009

Diary of a Wimpy Kid The Last Straw by Jeff Kinney (58)


This book is written for middle school students. I became interesting in it when I heard about it on a couple of podcasts and I became aware of the great success of this series. When the latest volume was available, bookstores opened early so that fans could purchase the book at the earliest possible moment.
Greg Heffley, the wimp, is a middle school student with a baby brother and a big brother. Greg always gets in trouble or has something embarrassing happen. You just have to like him because he's such a character. The story is told in the form of a diary with graphic overtones; almost every page has an amusing sketch to add to the fun. I loved it! I admire the author and wish I had his skill with writing, knowing the minds of middle school students, and sketching.

No comments: