Tuesday, March 31, 2009

While My Sister Sleeps by Barbara Delinsky (14)


A young woman named Robin who is an elite runner and marathoner is found barely alive by the road where she had been running. She is hospitalized but is found to be comatose from a heart attack without much expectation of recovery. Her family quickly comes into the picture. Her younger sister Molly is full of guilt that she wasn't with Robin when the event occurred. Her mother Kathryn is distraught seeing her daughter in such poor condition. Other family members and friends gather in their concern.Family secrets are revealed, shaking everyone to the bone. This is a very good book that I enjoyed reading; I would have to say that Barbara Delinsky is one of my favorite authors. I wasn't quite as engrossed in this book as I was in many of her previous works, but I did enjoy it.

No comments: